Change. It’s a word that easily feels negative for a lot of people but, so many great things have come from it. We’ve seen it across most platforms we use on a daily basis – Google, Facebook, and even our smartphones.
Does anyone remember when ‘The Facebook’ was created for college students? And now, everyone is on Facebook! It took some getting used to but in no time, we all quickly forgot what the ‘old’ version looked like.
While the enhancement made to its user interface changed the look of the Jackrabbit application, the functionality that’s always been there still exists plus added bonuses throughout. Because our clients (like yourself) are continuing to grow, we are here to grow with you and give you the best version of Jackrabbit yet.
How Jackrabbit’s new user interface can help with a seamless workflow
Each of the newly designed pages comes equipped with options for single record updates, mass actions, and more! These pages operate similarly in functionality, keeping workflows consistent and the approach to work strategies smart.
Let’s take a look at each one!
Account updates and communication with All Families
All Families is a great place to work from any time you need to update a family’s account, post a fee or a payment, update multiple accounts at once, or email one or many families at one time. Not only are all of these tasks done from one place, but you can also ensure you don’t lose your place as new tabs open when an action is taken. (—>Learn more about the All Families page)
With the All Families page open, you can:
- Post fees to a family’s account. Think of selling merchandise to a family.
- Process a payment or credit on an account. This is super helpful when a family calls in or comes to the window.
- Update or remove the ePayment schedule for a group of families.
- Assign, edit, or remove family discounts for a select group of families.
- Update or remove a family fixed fee for one or more families.
- Assign or clear out family membership type for one family or more.
- Clear family user-defined fields used to capture additional information for a new season and collection.
- Email one, many, or all families at one time.
- Quickly add a brand new family’s account.
- Evaluate which sources of referral are the strongest.
Whew! That’s what I call a top ten list! As you can see, office staff could probably complete the majority of their tasks from this page while your dance studio, gym, or swim school’s office is open during class time.
Work with enrollment and student data in All Students
Coordinating student enrollment doesn’t stop for youth activity centers. Even if you aren’t deep in registration season, students might be adding classes to their schedule, asking for their schedule for next season, scheduling makeups, etc. (—>Read the All Students help docs)
Beyond enrolling students into classes, the All Students page can also help you:
- Update a student’s information on the student record.
- Email a student’s schedule for an upcoming session.
- Produce a student info sheet for a specific student.
- Report on absences/attendance trends for a particular student.
- Add a note to one student or many students at once.
- Update or remove a student fixed fee for one or more students.
- Clear student user-defined fields used to capture additional information for a new season and collection.
- View how many classes and how many hours each student takes per week.
Student updates may not be something you can do en masse, but having one central place to perform many tasks is a big time-saver for you and your staff!
Keep your schedule full and up-to-date with All Classes
I honestly believe this might be my favorite search page to date!
An up-to-date class schedule and as many full classes as possible is always the goal and when it comes to classes, there won’t be much you can’t do from this one place in the app. (—>Jump to the All Classes help resources)
Directly from All Classes, you can:
- Update class information on the class record.
- Enroll students in classes.
- Email/text a single class, multiple classes, or all classes at one time.
- Enter absences for a specific class.
- Post fees to a given class.
- Copy a class quickly.
- Mass update classes (also known as Edit All Classes for the longtime Jackrabbit clients)
- Mass drop students from a selected class(es).
- Add a note to one or more class records.
- Add class resources for viewing from the Staff Portal or Parent Portal to one or more classes at a time.
- Archive a class once it is complete.
- Access virtual class links easily.
- View all classes or selected classes in calendar format.
- Access classes with a waitlist to fill spots that open up.
As you can see, these search pages in Jackrabbit are more powerful than before – more actions with fewer clicks in one area.
Smart Grids: Jackrabbit’s new feature to help you work smarter, not harder
Data Visualization: How it can help you grow your youth activity center
5 benefits of a new organized menu with Jackrabbit Class
Customized Views: Why you need them and how to use them