How much do you really know about concussions?
Find out by taking this quiz:
- True or False: You should not allow someone to go to sleep if you think he has a concussion.
- True or False: If you didn’t black out, you don’t have a concussion.
- True or False: Only a CT scan can identify a concussion.
- True or False: A quick way to determine if an athlete has suffered a concussion is to ask questions like “What day is it?” or “How many fingers do you see?”
- True or False: A concussion is defined as “neurochemical and cellular changes in the brain triggered by an injury caused by direct or indirect forces.”
One, two, three, and four are all “false.” Five is “true.” How’d you do?
Learn more about Concussions and Swimming here.
Sources: Florida Swim Network, Sara DiPaolo