A new Report is out! It’s called the Family Balance Summary. Find this new report by clicking, Reports, Find Reports, Families.
This report gives a ‘balance as of’ function that has been a very popular idea!
A Jackrabbit user can now enter a historic search date and show what the balances of each family was as of that date.
This shows a simple list of families along with basic information and their balance. There are always two balance columns: Balance and Balance As Of X(date).
The Balance column is what the families balance at this point in time, it’s not date dependent.
The Balance As Of X column is date sensitive and can work two different ways:
- When you enter an As of Date as search criteria, the report title and the Balance As Of Date column reflect this date.
- When users don’t enter an As of Date, it’s defaulted to run using today’s date. Note: The Balance column and the Balance As Of x(today’s date) may be different numbers. This will happen when the family has a fee dated in the future because future dated fees are after today’s date. [Ask our Support team if you have more questions on this.]
Note: Get to this report by clicking Family on the Menu Bar.
Why would you want to run the Family Balance Report?
- My accountant needs to know what everyone’s balance was as of Dec 31, 2015
- We bought this studio from the previous owner on March 15. We now need to know what everyone’s balance was as of the date we took over.
- My revenue looks strange. I swear we took in more money last month than what is shown. What money was still outstanding (owed to us) on the last day of the month last month?
Etc.The AGED ACCOUNTS report won’t include all families, but the NEW report does. Plus the new report doesn’t have the 30/60/90 aging column, meaning, it is more streamlined if they are JUST looking for the balance as of a particular date.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to ask.