No business can succeed without outstanding customer service. As the saying goes, it’s not a department, it’s an attitude. I’ve listed 60 ideas and broken it into three volumes. You will receive Volume 2 & 3 the next two Tuesdays.
- Friendly, knowledgeable people answering phones and manning the front desk 12 hours a day. Don’t have an automated service, but instead wow them with at least four lines, message on hold, and friendly short voicemail.
- Web page updated at least every Friday and when new info becomes available
- Your sign in front of your building has to be good!
- Spend money on things like flowers outside
- Add a canopy on your building so kids won’t get wet when dropped off
- New student checklist for the front desk to know who is new that day
- Give parents a lesson confirmation card upon enrolling with all important info needed for the first day
- Get up and open door if a mother has a stroller or carrying babies
- Greet everyone, even if on the phone, whoever enters the door –know names of new and old customers
- Same desk person every week and have front desk person involved in themes. They can wear leis, witch’s hats. etc.
- Say, “goodbye and thanks for coming” to all who leave
- Nametags out for new child and a child in a makeup
- Introduction of class theme, and review at the end for the parents!
- Money back guarantee
- Free trial classes available for those “fence-sitters”
- Video clips of all classes on website
- Encourage free tour and class placement
- Referral payment $20 (sometimes offer Double Referral Month!)
- Make-up reminder cards
- Unlimited make-ups in spring and summer
Bonus: Dress code reminder cards for those students who aren’t wearing what you want in class
- Think relationships!
- Sweat the small stuff and if a parent wants something, give it to them.
- Create happiness at every touch point in your business.