Your Weekly Calendar could be called your Jackrabbit BFF (yes, I mean Best Friend Forever) because through it, you can manage almost all areas of your classes – without going into any other menus.
The Weekly Calendar can be accessed three ways:
- Weekly Calendar button on Dashboard (quickest)
- Classes > Search
- Classes > Weekly/Daily Calendar
To see a monthly view of all classes, go to Classes > Monthly Calendar.
You can sort by Category 1 and Session and show instructors. And if you hover over a class, you will see class details like when hovering in the Weekly Calendar:
Make sure to incorporate the following Tips to make your Jackrabbit Weekly Calendar experience the best:
- Remove any hours not used for operation directly within the Weekly Calendar.
- Click on Settings and adjust to your operating Start & End times. This allows you to remove early/late times to view more of the calendar on your computer screen. (Your user ID must give you permission to do this.)
- Enter start time of earliest class, any day of the week:
For example: If your earliest class starts at 4:00pm Mon-Fri, but classes start at 9:00am on Saturdays, you would enter 9:00am as your Schedule Start Time.
- Enter end time of latest class, any day of the week. (Same example applies here.)
- Click on Save. You will see a message, “Performing Update…” and “Action completed” after which you can click Close.
- Click Refresh to see changes.
- If the hover box completely covers your class, make sure to adjust your screen Zoom = 0.
Optimize Your Use of the Weekly Calendar
- View your data by various options: Week, Day, Room.
- Easily spot different types of classes.
All classes are color-coded by Category 1 making it easy to spot different types.
- Easily see the class name, number of openings, future drops, and future enrolls. You can immediately see the number of openings (in parentheses at the end of the class name) followed by any future drops (FD) and future enrolls (FE). The future drops and future enrolls links are clickable. For example:
Funtastic Gymnastics – Wednesday 4:30 – 5:30 pm
FE: Amy Black (9/29/2017)
FE: Isla Palmer (10/3/2017)
FD: Josephine Hunt (9/28/2017)
And the enrollment numbers are in real time as of 9/14, the specific day that was searched.
- Hover over a class and see the details.
If the class is not full, you will see Enroll Existing Student & Register New Students buttons at the bottom. If the class is full, you will see a Waitlist button (if you have your settings to Allow Waitlists). Once the waitlist is full you will see CLASS FULL.
You can also use the buttons on the hover popups to Enroll, Register, and Waitlist new students for these classes.
- Private Lessons
In Jackrabbit, a Private Lesson is a class with a Max Size = 1. If a Private Lesson has no enrollment you will see the class name on your Weekly Calendar with an opening indicated in parentheses. Once a student has been enrolled, Jackrabbit shows the enrolled student’s name instead of the class name. NOTE: If you click on Show Students, Jackrabbit flips it back to the class name even if a student is enrolled.
6. Show Students
The Class Details does not initially show the list of enrolled students when the calendar is loaded. This is because you need this calendar to load quickly. If an org has a lot of classes/students it could take a long time for the calendar to load…very frustrating! Once the calendar loads you can click on ‘Show Students on Hover’. The screen will flash. When you hover over the class name again you will now see the list of enrolled students.
- Click on Change Criteria to narrow down your selections.
By default, the Weekly Calendar loads with all active classes. However, you can customize your view by changing your Search Filters. You can display classes on the Weekly Calendar by location, room, instructor, session, categories 1/2/3, and more.
- Add/Create a Class
You can quickly add/create a class right from the calendar without having to go to the Classes Menu. Just double-click on any open time slot. You will see all the same fields you see on the class. NOTE: Jackrabbit will not allow you to save the class settings if you have missed entering data into any required field.
Once you hit ‘Save you will see options to Add New Class, Copy Class, View Calendar, Enroll, and Quick reg.
9. Show Staff Availability/Unavailability
You can show when your staff is available and unavailable for work. To do this: Go to the Staff Availability tab and click on Add Standard Hours and Add Exceptions buttons.
Standard hours are those hours when your staff is available to work. Exceptions are times when the staff is normally there and assigned to a class during that time frame but have to be away (i.e. doctor’s appointment, vacation, etc…).
Staff availability will show highlighted in white on the Weekly Calendar > Daily View (click on the specific day header from the Weekly Calendar). This is an easy way to see what staff is available on a specific day to schedule new classes, privates, or meetings.
And any exceptions, such as appointments or vacations are highlighted on those specific days as well.
Doc Appt – Wednesday, 9/20/2017 – 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm (red shading)
Vacation – Wednesday – Friday, 9/27-29/2017 (purple shading)
You can see just from these few examples, your Weekly Calendar really is your new BFF!