February is closer than you think. And what better month to be heart month than February?
These events are so close that you should be thinking about how you’re going to recognize Heart Month. Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of all Americans, killing more than all forms of cancer combined so participating in any of the events that the Heart Association offers helps to raise awareness of the importance of maintaining our heart health.
The American Heart Association does a great job of providing a variety of options and levels for people and companies to participate – noted here are just a few.
Investigate these events quickly as some of them take place soon.
The Greater Charlotte Heart Ball is Saturday, February 8th at the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Tickets are $250 per person and include an elegant black-tie evening complete with a cocktail reception, sit-down dinner, live music, and unique silent and live auctions. For more information, please call 704.417.5769 or visit www.charlottencheartball.org.
National Wear Red Day
This one is really simple and something almost everyone can do. Wear red to support the fight against heart disease in women on National Wear Red Day which is Friday, February 7th, 2014. Learn more at http://www.goredforwomen.org/wearredday/.
Learn Ten Ways to Go Red here.
You can enjoy a Charlotte Bobcats game and support Go Red For Women at the same time! This takes place on February 22nd when the Charlotte Bobcats play the Memphis Grizzlies at Time Warner Cable Arena. When you purchase your tickets (that start at $21 per person) a percentage of each ticket sale will go to support the mission of the American Heart Association.
Go Red Total Makeover
In addition to these events, you can also help a woman who has taken action to improve her heart health or maintain a heart healthy lifestyle by nominating her here for the Go Red Total Makeover. The winner of the Makeover receives a $500 Macy’s gift card.
The criteria and considerations for the Go Red Total Makeover winner selection:
• She lives in the community or surrounding area
• She has taken action to improve her heart health or maintain a heart healthy lifestyle
• She’s an advocate for heart health in her home and community
• Encourages women in her life to take care of their hearts and overall health
• Will be available to attend the Go Red Total Makeover at Macy’s on February 8thand willing to speak during program.
• Willing to participate in media interviews — local and possibly national
• Available for in-studio interviews during requested time during local morning show; may need to be available for taped interviews (in studio) as well.
Everyone can participate in an interactive heart health journey that will be provided February 8, 2014 from 1-3pm at Macy’s SouthPark. There will be fun and interactive stations throughout the store that will educate you on heart health. There will be lots of giveaways – including a chance to win a $250 Macy’s gift card.