Transactions Search Enhancement Now Live – Release Date: May 7, 2019
Does this sound familiar?
“I left off the Transaction Subtype for April’s tuition. I wish I could edit the tuition batch I posted all at one time.”
“Transaction Subtype is how we tell our clients what month we are billing for. I wish I could clear out the automated transaction note to make my fees posted look cleaner.”
“From time to time the wrong date is selected when posting fees. I wish I could change the date on all transactions at once.”
We heard you and we delivered! In the latest Jackrabbit release, you can search for a specific group of transactions and edit them all at one time! That’s right…no more deleting your batch and reposting or manually editing transactions one by one.
How to Find the Mass Edit Option
- Point to Transactions in the blue menu bar and select Search.
- Choose Search Criteria to find the transactions that you need to edit and Submit.
- The results page now includes a column with check boxes for editing. Select the transactions you would like to edit or check Edit All.
- Click the Edit icon and select which details you wish to update. (At least one check box must be selected for the Edit icon to appear).
What Transaction Details can be Mass Edited?
- Transaction Date
- Transaction Type and Subtype
- Income Category (Category 1)
Not seeing the ability to edit?
We anticipate that you are just as excited about this new feature as we are! To ensure the best user experience, check out some pro-tips.
- User permissions: the new user permission, ‘Mass Edit Transactions’, may need to be added to your User ID. See our Help article Set / Edit Jackrabbit User ID Permissions.
- Special Search: using the Special Search drop-down in Transactions Search will eliminate the ability to mass edit.
- Edit column: if your columns are too wide, you may not see the Edit column even with the correct permissions. Expand your browser window and zoom out if needed.
- ePayments: the Location, Transaction Date, or Transaction Type attached to ePayments cannot be edited individually so these transaction details are not available to be mass edited.
Designed to save many hours of editing, this enhancement gives your office staff time for other tasks!