What better than to spook up your day than some Halloween metrics!
Here are some Did You Knows that you can use to impress your friends and co-workers!
Did you know that:
- 49.5% of households will decorate their home and/or yard
- 43.9% of people plan to wear costumes
- Popular adults’ costumes:
- 13.4% will go as witches
- 3.9% as pirates
- 3.7% as vampires
- 2.2% as cats
- 32.9% of parents will take their kids trick-or-treating
- 73.5% of households will hand out candy and spend an average of $27.05
Total planned spending should reach $9.1 billion, up from last year’s $8.4 billion. Costumes take up the largest portion of this at $2.4 billion. Men spend about $20 more per costume than women!
Did you know that kids’ top 5 costumes rank in the following order of popularity:
- Batman Character (Batman, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, etc)
- Animal (Cat, Dog, etc)
- Marvel Superhero (Spider-Man, Captain America, etc
Did you know that adults’ top 5 costumes rank in the following order of popularity:
- Batman Character/Princess
- Animal (Cat, Dog, Monkey, etc)
- Star Wars Character
Did you know that pets’ top 5 costumes rank in the following order of popularity:
- Bumble Bee
And finally – did you know that 11.5% of pet owners dress their pets up for Halloween?
Info Sources: Nationwide, NRF’s Annual Halloween Spending Survey, conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics, and the HIA (Halloween Industry Association)